Things have finally calmed down here at Robo HQ after the insane activity from several ISIS vinyl reissues. Happy to have Oceanic, Panopticon and In The Absence Of Truth out there and reasonably widespread again, we’re now ready to introduce you to two new bands joining the Robo roster by launching two new preorders!
TERMINAL FUZZ TERROR are a Seattle-based band consisting of D. Rodriguez (guitar, vocals), D. Nelson (guitar, vocals), A. Crawshaw (drums) and J. Kleine (bass). Drummer Crawshaw also runs the Seattle based screen printing monolith Broken Press, who screened all printwork for TFT’s hand assembled, limited release. Their vinyl debut, Vol 0: In The Shadow Of The Mountain, was recorded at Witch Ape Studio, engineered and mixed by Tad Doyle (of TAD) and mastered by James Plotkin.
TFT unleash a raw fury of rock n’ roll drifted through the filters of punk, psychedelia and blues. Pummeling percussion and wailing riffs accompany a vocal delivery that channels an obliterated Jim Morrison at the height of religious revelry! The magnanimous 17-minute title track B-side closes out Vol 0: In The Shadow Of The Mountain with a long form, slow burning mind melter. You can sample for yourself by previewing “Megalodon” now via The Obelisk.
Housed in a silk screened jacket limited to 300 copies, this is a thing of beauty and includes a high-quality digital download, massive poster and insert. 50 special deluxe versions of the record include an embroidered 4″ round patch and come packaged in a screen printed tote bag (a very limited amount are available for mailorder from us).
We’ve also got some badass t-shirts for TFT, printed on cozy ass Anvil Ringspun shirts – hit that up too for some new digs.
Available on March 3rd, Vol 0: In The Shadow Of The Mountain pre-orders are up now and expected to ship around Feb. 27th.
* VINYL pre-orders via Robotic Empire’s Online Store
* DOWNLOAD pre-orders via iTunes or Bandcamp
On the other side of the heavy spectrum, for the folks who’ve been wondering what the CAPSULE dudes have been up to, we’re beyond stoked to introduce you to WRONG!
Comprised of Eric Hernandez on guitars / vocals, brother Brian Hernandez on drums, Andres Ascanio on the bass and Ryan Haft on guitars, Miami, Florida’s WRONG debut with an absolutely pummeling four-track EP titled Stop Giving. With an emphasis on bludgeon and groove, it’s hard not to compare their first recordings to heyday-era HELMET; but WRONG deliver their own dissonance, atmosphere and attitude in a massive combination of power and skill. An indication of things to come, Stop Giving preludes a full-length due on Robotic Empire later this year.
The Stop Giving EP vinyl plays at 45rpm, is limited to 300 copies, and comes in silk screened packaging with artwork by TORCHE‘s Rick Smith, printed at Seattle’s Broken Press. Self-recorded and mixed in Summer 2014 at Pinecrust studios in Miami, FL by Ryan Haft, the EP was mastered by Nick Zampiello at New Alliance. Including a high quality digital download, you can listen to “Call It” now on our Bandcamp page.
Vinyl is being assembled now and is set to begin shipping around Feb. 27th !
* VINYL pre-orders via Robotic Empire’s Online Store
* DOWNLOAD pre-orders via iTunes or Bandcamp and immediately receive the song “Call It”
CATCH WRONG ON TOUR w/ TORCHE:
Mar 06 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
Mar 07 – Birmingham, AL @ Bottletree Cafe
Mar 08 – Baton Rouge, LA @ Spanish Moon
Mar 09 – Houston, TX @ Fitzgerald’s Downstairs
Mar 10 – Austin, TX @ Red 7
Mar 11 – Dallas, TX @ Club Dada
Mar 12 – Memphis, TN @ The Hi-Tone Cafe
Mar 13 – St Louis, MO @ Firebird
Mar 14 – Chicago, IL @ The Empty Bottle
Mar 15 – Milwaukee, WI @ Cactus Club
Mar 16 – Columbus, OH @ Skully’s Music Diner
Mar 17 – Cleveland Heights, OH @ Grog Shop
Mar 18 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Pyramid Scheme
Mar 21 – Toronto, ON @ Lee’s Palace
Mar 22 – Montreal, QC @ Bar le Ritz PDB
Mar 23 – Buffalo, NY @ Mohawk Place
Mar 25 – Allston, MA @ Great Scott
Mar 26 – Brooklyn, NY @ Saint Vitus
Mar 27 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Underground Arts
Mar 28 – Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter
Mar 29 – Washington, DC @ DC9 Nightclub
Beyond these two new Robo-bangers, we’ve got a handful of solid restocks along with some new releases – so here’s the full list:
NEW ITEMS & RESTOCKS:
* Decades Failures – Goodby3 12″ (Dead Tank) $9.99
* Fall Of Efrafa – Inle 2×12″ (No Pasaran) $24.99
* Pygmy Lush – Mount Hope 12″ – 180 GRAM VINYL (Lovitt) $12.99
* Pygmy Lush – Old Friends 12″ (Lovitt) $12.99
* Terminal Fuzz Terror – In The Shadow Of The Mountain Size: EXTRA LARGE T-Shirt (Broken Press) $9.99
* Terminal Fuzz Terror – In The Shadow Of The Mountain Size: LARGE T-Shirt (Broken Press) $9.99
* Terminal Fuzz Terror – In The Shadow Of The Mountain Size: MEDIUM T-Shirt (Broken Press) $9.99
* Terminal Fuzz Terror – In The Shadow Of The Mountain Size: SMALL T-Shirt (Broken Press) $9.99
* Terminal Fuzz Terror – Vol.0: In The Shadow Of The Mountain – DELUXE VERSION VINYL 12″ (Robotic Empire) $19.99
* Terminal Fuzz Terror – Vol.0: In The Shadow Of The Mountain 12″ (Robotic Empire) $11.99
* Thou – Heathen 2×12″ (Howling Mine) $19.99
* Wrong – Stop Giving 12″ EP (Robotic Empire) $11.99
That’s plenty for now, get into it over at the Robotic Empire – Online Store – BOOM!